For my program’s Wicked Problem Project, I am asked to identify a problem in my workplace that I want to address through the TPACK framework. Here is what I have so far…
I am interested in addressing the lack of cohesive communication I feel at my school. I see three particular gaps I would like to fill:
- Communication with students about class work, assignments, discussion boards, connecting different sections of the same class, etc.
- Communication with parents about upcoming due dates, events, and activities, as well as ways they can get involved.
- Communication with colleagues about the programs I either run or am involved in, as well as for other teachers to see what I am doing, easing the possibility of cross-curricular experiences.
My idea is to develop a professional website that could begin to address these problems successfully. While my school provides each teacher with websites, it is not ideal, as each hour gets its own site, meaning I have 6 sites to maintain. I would like to develop a site that could reach all 6 classes I teach, with all 3 preps, as well as provide a location for communication with parents and colleagues.
As of right now, here is how I see each component separately in the TPACK framework:
- Supplemental materials
- Online assignments and discussions
- Reminders of assignments and due dates
- Connect different sections of the same class
- A deeper focus on topics
- Contact with students, parents, colleagues
- Visual and hands-on organization of information
- Connecting students to learning outside of school
- Options for differentiation
- Use of a website and the internet for educational purposes
- Improve understanding and experiences through technological tools
- Means of communication anywhere
- Access at home to me and my class
I am interested in any and all feedback!! Thanks, PLN and MAET colleagues!